Website Updated: March 26, 2013.
News Page: Added Announcement of 200th Anniversary Gala
Welcome to the Connecticut Council of Deliberation Website!
The 32nd degree Scottish Rite Masons in the Valleys in Connecticut meet under the authority of the Connecticut Council of Deliberation. The Council is governed by a Commander-in-Chief, who is the Deputy for Connecticut. The Commander-in-Chief is assisted by the Actives for Connecticut. Other members of the Council of Deliberation include:
- Actives Emeriti and Honorary Members of the Supreme Council
- Past Presiding Officers of the constituent Bodies in the Valleys of Connecticut
- The top three current elected officers of the constituent Bodies
- Any other elected officers from the constituent Bodies (e.g., Secreatary, Treasurer)
- Recipients of the Arthur M. Brown Meritorious Service Award
The Council of Deliberation meets each year, usually, but not always, on the second Friday in June. The meetings take place at a location decided upon by the host Valley, and each Valley hosts the meeting on a five-year rotating basis.
Scottish Rite Vision:
- "We will strive to be a fraternity that fulfills our Masonic obligation to care for our members."
Scottish Rite Mission:
- Provide inspiration for our members through meaningful programs and degrees
- Provide convenient opportunities for our members to enahance their lives
- Provide enjoyable programs and fellowship activities for our members
On our website, you will find a common calendar of events for all Valleys in Connecticut, further information on the Council of Deliberations, links to the websites for each individual Valley, and PDF files of the Proceedings of the Council. We have also added a slide show presentation on the Scottish Rite on our How To Join page.